wave's word

Monday, November 13, 2006

Monday Memory: Moving

Some of you know and some of you don't know that I have moved a lot in the last 13 years. Well my whole adult life really. I lived in Cote de Neige a part of Montreal when I was born and at 2 years old we moved to Beaconsfield, Quebec; Burlington, Markham, Hamilton, Missisauga(2places), Etobicoke(2), Coburg, Markham(again), Scarborough, Kitchener(8places) all in Ontario.
Well here I go again. Packing draws out a lot of memories. Sorting and decluttering and deciding. I look through stuff that was made by the kids and now by grandkids. People give gifts and we buy things. Decisions, decisions need to be made. What memory item to let go. Which items need to be enjoyed by someone else. If anyone needs a one cup coffee maker let me know. I found a one cup, a 4 cup and a 12 cup coffee makers in my kitchen and a Bodum. Crazy for coffee. I throw out quite a few things and give away too. Even if you are not moving it is good to do this as others may be in need of what you're not using. God may decide to move you quickly. Be ready to go!

Memories of moving:
  • Beaconsfield to Burlington, my father built a brick firepit before we left and put our handprints in the cement floor of it. My sister and I and Nancy and Gordy buried a tin box with stuff in it. A time capsule under one of the apple trees. Gordy and I were buds from 2 years old to 11 years old. This move was a Honeywell Computers coporate move. Big promotion for my Dad. We stayed for 3 years.
  • Next promotion to Toronto and settling in Markham. I liked this move! Decorated my own room. Psychadelic flower power!! Orange and green and purple
  • Hamilton,missisauga,etobicoke and Cobourg my teanage wanderings and runnings till God pointed the way back home. A whole other post!
  • When I started College I moved closer to the campus in Scarborough with my 6year old and 5year old. The townhouse was my home, my community, my church for 9 years. I had the most amazing city garden there and enjoyed sharing with my neighbours. I had tomatoes, potatoes, carrots, pumpkins, two huge raspberry bushes. Tanya loved to help out in the garden. The whole yard was 20x20 ft approximately. I used it well!!
  • Our first night in Kitchener was hillarious - We were having fun in the livngroom and Cheryl was doing some crazy dance and fell over something or nothing. It sounded like something broke or snapped and her knee popped out. We decided to take her to the hospital only we had no idea where it was located. No mapquest, no phone book! welcome to kitchener.
  • The kids liked the apartment at west ave. No driveway to shovel or garbage to lug to the curb. Tanya had a rabbit(Oliver she loved the musical) and a gerbil(Harry Houdini escape artist). Cheryl and Bradley brought a kitten home after curfew(FurBall). I reconnected to my passion to paint. It was a painful time as growing and maturing can be at times. God's mercy and Love endureth forever. When I say I'm thankful to be saved and that I'm a new creation in Christ - I am really thankful - cause I saw the darkness being taken over by the light and it was bright.
  • thank you my father in heaven

5 Comments:

  • First of all what were you doing up at 4:30 the morning??? I was still snug in my bed.

    You have definately moved alot. I have only moved 3 times once when I was almost 2 and then to the apartment and then back to my house where I grew up. As much as I would have loved the adventure I am glad to have stayed where I was for that time. Now mind you I would like somehting bigger and a 3 story house where the bedrooms are on the top floor. Ih I can dream, and God does know our hearts desires so I am just waiting for his timing.

    Have fun moving. If there is anything I gave you that you want to get rid of go for it, I know what its like decluttering. Not fun but well needed.

    By Blogger redheads, at 1:04 PM  

  • Packing isn't my bag. I have troubles parting with stuff too. Take a picture of the item, keep the picture and give away the item... ;-)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 3:07 PM  

  • wow what a journey you have had! and it is no where finished yet!

    By Blogger Lala's world, at 8:38 PM  

  • true,the journey has only begun. Those were just practice for the real purpose.

    By Blogger Wave's Word, at 9:25 PM  

  • We haven't moved a whole lot. I was 4 when we moved into our house and 17 when I moved out. My family now has only lived in 4 places in the last 11 years, but I feel a move comin' on!! We will be there to help you with whatever you need when the time comes!

    By Blogger momsmusings, at 11:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home