wave's word

Saturday, July 14, 2007

Update from up north

Hello, it has been 7 days since I left Kitchener. First night I went to a very big BBQ. They roasted half a cow on a spit. Tables and more tables of side dishes were laid out under awnings. This area has had alot of rain. More tables of desserts laid out in rows. People sprawled across the lawns facing the putting green and fields. Their 10 year old grandson was giving golf cart rides around the property through the woods and back. Garry and Chris sell remote control monster trucks and brought some. They had a country music duo playing on the wrap around porch of their newly renovated house. dance floor included. Oh what a night. On top of all the fun they put a display of their church reno's needs with a donation box and silent auction table.

The following Monday we went to visit Kelly an old school friend. (Highschool) I have not seen her in 12 years. Lots to catch up. She was in Magnetawan at her parents cottage. Nice swiming there only did not like seeing a water snake. Yuck! I ran out of the water but I did get back in.

During the week we continued to de clutter my sister house. Today is garage sale day if you're in the area. I went for regular walks in the woods and a baby dear comes often to her yard. I did a 9k in to downtown Huntsville and saw road kill YUCK! and full grown dear. Lost 5pounds since arriving. I've hauled some logs outside and cleaned the front gardens etc...

Monday I start at Deerhurst Inn. Finally!

I'm looking forward to it.
I do miss everyone alot. Sunday is not the same or tuesday night or Wednesday either. I miss sympossium and people. I miss grandchildren and soccer.

Bye for now

1 Comments:

  • I'm so out of the loop. I didn't know you were moving.

    By Blogger Cheri, at 11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home