wave's word

Saturday, June 02, 2007

To the park

All saturday I was too hot (lazy) to venture out of my room which was so cool and nice. Brad (my son) and Evan (grandson) were out all morning, playing. When they came home Evan began to chant "lets go to Victoria Park" then his Dad began to chant "hey Nana come to Victoria Park with us" Well that was a good wake up call. By time I took a shower and dressed Brad was asleep on the couch. Evan was still chanting about the park.


Oh well too bad for Brad, we left without him. Evan and I head out on foot to the Coffee Time donuts because Nana needs an Ice Cap and Evan needs a donut before we catch the bus. This is when I have the best conversations and hear about his point of view.

Evan lives half the week with Dad and me and the other half with his Mom. This all began a few months ago.

Here it is... Evan was looking for a favourite pair of shoes and realized they were at Mom's house. As he was relating his disappointment he had this revelation ... Mom and Dad should live in the same house so all his shoes are in one place. If only life were that simple.

For us the destination is not always as interesting as the journey. I found the park boring. I did not get to run in the water park or slide or climb or jump around. It was nice to watch Evan's goofy antics with the sprinklers. Next time I wont be sitting with the grown ups - Im going to jump around and play till they send the man with the white jacket.

2 Comments:

  • Hee Hee...Make sure you call me so that I can come and take some pictures.

    By Blogger Cheri, at 10:57 PM  

  • Hey, we all need to play sometimes...I will keep the man with the white jacket away from you;-)

    By Blogger momsmusings, at 6:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home