wave's word

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

I know some little kids that call me Nana. I'm their Nana. One little girl is curly A. One little boy is mighty whitey K. The oldest boy is gamer E man. This weekend was Nana's fun time. After work I took them out for dinner. That is an adventure in itself but we did not stop with dinner. Our walk home along the creek was full of discovery. Worms, rocks, ducks and mud which would you take home in your pocket?
Did you know that a 2 year old can understand and converse with a duck. Curly A can spot dog poo a mile away and Gamer E man found gold nuggets laying on the path. We came across a large hill and rather than going around it we went straight up and over it and then we ran down the other side. For no particular reason we did it again. Now this was a damp and grey day so by the time we reached home we were damp but not grey. The best part of the evening after bathtime was over we all climbed into bed, pulled the covers over us and turned on the TV and fell asleep. Now the next day we were off to the market. What a crowd of people - nearly lost the grandchildren. Bought some fruit, had some lunch and of course the clown made great balloon swords for each child. Gotta support the arts! hee hee
The most amazing surprise at the market was to bump into an old friend from 13 years ago that I knew in a diferent city I lived in. We worked together on a few community volunteer projects and she took care of my youngest daughter when I went back to work. We always talked and cooked and walked together. I remember her kind, loving heart. She never had a harsh word for anyone. She helped the seniors in the inner city community with their shopping and cooking for the meals on wheels program and other needs. I drove them all over in the big van. She was my first experience of what the revelation of service that Jesus Christ desires all of us to walk in. She does it with agape LOVE.

3 Comments:

  • Wow, sounds like you had a busy weekend!! I love meeting friends from long ago!!

    By Blogger momsmusings, at 12:04 AM  

  • that is so cool that you do that with your grandbabies!!! very neat to run into an old friend too!!
    sounds like a great weekend!

    By Blogger Lala's world, at 12:07 AM  

  • My mom is Nana to her grandchildren too.

    I don't like going to the market with kids, it's too crazy for me but running into old friends is always a treat - and God appointed too I believe...

    See you soon!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home