wave's word

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

I'm awake

Is 5.5 hours of sleep enough?

I tried to go back to sleep. I lay awake thinking, thinking and thinking. Some good thinking - some sad. As thoughts roll sadder - I get up. Better to read scripture than to remember hurts of the past. I think their gone but they come back. I forgive all of them and lay the burdens of my hurt at the feet of Jesus. I feel relieved and my load lightened. I can't go forward if I'm weighted down. I want to go forward and fulfil the plans that God has laid out for me. I'm thankful to God.
I find comfort in Psalm 19 all of it but particularly in 7,8 and 9.
7 The law of the Lord is perfect, restoring the soul; the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple.
How often do I complicate matters with my own perception(negativity)? not too often anymore but maybe still too much in certain areas. It is comforting to know that my father in heaven's law is perfect. I can trust in him. My soul is restored.
Thank you God that when I'm awaken you are there, when I hurt you comfort me, when I'm celebrating you are there rejoicing with me. Amen
With God as my strength 5.5 hours of sleep can be enough.

3 Comments:

  • Hey, God is working on us all, all the time!!

    By Blogger momsmusings, at 8:12 AM  

  • good to soak yourself in His word when sad thoughts try to over take us!!! stand on His promises, they never change!!
    remember you are His favorite daughter and He loves you never ending and more than you can imagine!!!

    By Blogger Lala's world, at 10:22 AM  

  • This was one of the Scriptures read on Sunday at the getaway... Isaiah 43:1-4,

    But now, GOD's Message,the God who made you in the first place, Jacob, the One who got you started, Israel:

    "Don't be afraid, I've redeemed you. I've called your name. You're mine. When you're in over your head, I'll be there with you. When you're in rough waters, you will not go down. When you're between a rock and a hard place, it won't be a dead end -- Because I am GOD, your personal God, The Holy of Israel, your Savior. I paid a huge price for you: all of Egypt, with rich Cush and Seba thrown in!

    That's how much you mean to me! That's how much I love you!

    I'd sell off the whole world to get you back, trade the creation just for you.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home