wave's word

Thursday, April 06, 2006

what a walk - what a journey

Hi

I love to walk- - The sun could be shining or behind a cloud. I still would enjoy my time. In a blizzard with snow whipping a my face like little darts - not as fun but still a special time for me. Since I have a good imagination I can change my focus from the harsh weather surroundings. I feel strengthened by the challenge that is both physical and mental. When I decide I'm going to walk sometimes a lazy feeling might try to talk me out of it. At those times I try to remember how good I feel when I conquer that feeling and how good it feels to conquer a hill or jogging that extra couple feet. I can only imagine how it feels to win a race or climb a mountain. Maybe one day I'll make it to base camp 1 on Everest or an equivalent.
Conquer the flesh
I thought the best outcome of walking would be the weight loss but that has been a small bonus. I had hoped it would be faster. I need to take the same attitude to conquer food as I do to walking. When that lazy feeling tries to say " only one more piece" " only this time I'll pig out" I need to yell back at it as if it is the devil himself standing with the piece of chocolate. What benefit to the body does chocolate provide?
The body is the temple of the holy spirit. God made it to function effectivily. Food is for the purpose of providing nutrients to the body. It is a bonus and a curse that foods taste good. My attitude I'm changing is to eat to provide nurtrients to my body not only to satisfy my palate.
No doubt that is my mount Everest at the moment. Those of you who know me know I love all manners of the Arts - culinary arts included.

4 Comments:

  • crazy old bat :P

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:22 PM  

  • I gotta start walking more...

    By Blogger momsmusings, at 9:23 PM  

  • You've been spammed - you'll have to put the word verification on.

    I'm not much of a walker - unless it's in a mall. Thanks for the fun at the home show yesterday - we continued to walk, for a total of 7 hours!!!! :-) When excercise is masked as something else I can do it!!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10:35 PM  

  • Dear Arlene,

    What a nice tribute to mom, and all true. I really love your blogs, you are a good writer. It is 6:30 am and I finally have a chance to read them. I have

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home